Thursday, November 6, 2008

2 month vegetarian experiment is now over???

So I decided a couple a weeks ago that I was going to put an end date to my vegetarianism; well not really. What I mean to say is I was a Lacto-Ovo vegetarian for exactly 2 Months; I am still a vegetarian, because watching my family eat unhealthy foods; that include some form of meat in them (it can be disgusting sometimes) makes me sick to my stomach. I can not imagine myself eatting any of that stuff (stuff meaning hotdogs, chinese food with random bits of chicken from random parts of a chicken, and the un-none meat products that is fast food), the sad thing is that I used to eat that crap.

I have decided to revise my eating habits just a little bit more; I've decided to add fish to my diet, because 1. I like fish and 2. I know that I'm not eating processed fish food (that is if I stay away from fish n' chips and McDonalds fish filet "surprise"). I think I'll stick with the fresh stuff.

My diet during my experiment mainly consisted of fryed eggs, lots of vegetables, peanut-butter, milk, whole wheat, whole grain, and 12 grain breads, and on occassion tofu.

I will admit its not easy going cold turkey on meat or on anything for that matter. So you have to understand that no ones perfect and I did mess up a couple times, but they weren't deliberate, more like accidents. For example lets say I ordered something and I didn't know there was meat in it until after I started eating it and yes I read the description of the food on the menu. Lets just say I didn't make that mistake again.

Here are a few things I noticed while being a Lacto-Ovo vegetarian...


1.) I don't feel like there is a solid mass in my stomach anymore when ever I eat a meal, because I used to get that feeling when I used to eat some meat.
2.) I noticed that I watch what I eat more.
3.) I have learned to cook better, which is great for me and great for when I cook food for friends. Oh n' by the way I make a great buttered noodles dish and a mean bell peppers omelet.
4.) I overall feel better.
5.) Not going to lie, sometimes I hate going out to eat with friends and family, because some restruants dont serve anything close to vegetarian food.
6.) I noticed that I get picked on sometimes by friends or family for being a vegetarian (gosh I really hate that). Sometimes a complete stranger will ask me why I became a vegetarian, and all the people that asked me were very polite and kind; so far.
7.)....I'll add more to the list later.

Overall, I plan on staying vegetarian. For how long though? I don't know. Like I said before on a previous entry "I dont see it ending anytime soon".

No comments: